You're In Brookelynn: Punk Rock Extravaganza

Punk Rock Extravaganza

Last night, Skylar's band Nobelium 102 had it's "1st birthday!" In other words, They've been together and playing shows for one year now, so they rangled up some of the best bands in DeKalb and had an awesome show. I just want to say how thankful I am to have gotten into the DeKalb local music scene (indirectly, of course), cause I've met some awesome people and of course, got to experience a bunch of cool music and shows! Here was the lineup:

Them Representatives is fuckin' awesome, if you can't tell from the picture. They are a ska-punk-funk band, they have a standing bass player, and the brass section enters the stage on the "s.s. cool buss." What's not to love?

Davey Dynamite is seriously my favorite. Anyone reading this should check his music out right now, because it is awesome. And he is seriously the nicest guy ever.

I know I've expressed my love for pop-punk on here before, and Seasonal Men's Wear fills the pop-punk void in my heart.

And of course, Nobelium 102. It's been so awesome seeing them from the start, and seeing how they can turn a crowd of random people into a crazy mosh pit. It's pretty awesome.

Also, The Phantom Scars played as well, but I didn't end up getting a picture, because my friend Lizzie and I decided to get some food instead. But check them out too!

For your enjoyment, here are some other miscellaneous photos :)

Whatever is happening here is most likely exactly what you think.
Fancy.
Epic.
Every time Nobelium plays, Skylar ends up stage-diving into the crowd, and they carry him all the way out the front door. It's pretty sweet.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend as well!

♥Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment