You're In Brookelynn: September Goals

September Goals


Wow, I honestly can't believe it's already the second week of September! Well, considering the fact that I'm blogging about my September goals 11 days into September, you can tell I've been a little behind, haha!

  • Get my finances in order. You know how much money I have in my bank account right now? Five dollars. For the rest of the week. I just got a new job at a seasonal halloween store (which I am really excited about!) in addition to my other job, so that will definitely help in the finances department. I also would like to set up a monthly budget. Anyone have any tips or resources for that sort of thing?
  • Balance my schedule. My schedule is absolutely crazy this semester. I'm juggling my classes, marching band, dance rehearsals, homework, and two jobs. That basically leaves me little to no time for anything else. I've actually been pretty good at scheduling myself so I don't burn out, but I need to keep it that way!
  • Create a blogging schedule. Because of my crazy schedule, I've kind of let this blog fall to the back burner, unfortunately. Ultimately, I need to schedule more posts in advance, and create a blogging schedule! I have a planner specifically for the blog, but I haven't actually used it in a few months. Oops! I'll definitely be getting on that this month.
  • Find cute active-wear. Due to being cast in both fall productions in my college's dance department, I'm in dance class and rehearsal a lot. Like, every day. And that means I'm often in a leotard and tights. That being said, I really want to find some cute & comfy active-wear that I can wear in rehearsal, but also not look like a sweaty slob if I have to go to class in it afterwords. What are your favorite places for cute and affordable (see top bullet point, haha) active-wear?
I'm not including any 'fall' activities in this list, because I'm sure I could come up with a whole second post about that (which I actually have scheduled for next week)!

What are your goals for September?

23 comments:

  1. I've heard that mint is a really good app for keeping track of your finances!
    Good luck with your goals this month. I decided not to really set any since my baby is due this month. Just surviving seems like it'll be hard enough lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals. This month I want to get my life and money organised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone told me the other day it was only 15 weeks until christmas, now that is scary, love your goals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to create a blogging schedule too! I keep putting it off! I can't plan my schedule and it drives me crazy! I'm a travel nurse and my schedule changes ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I totally need to do some of these things too like balance my schedule and get my finances in order!! One step at a time haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no advice with a budget... it's taken us 9 years to get to comfortable on one income! lol I need to start a blogging calendar desperately though... desperately. What good does it do having all of the post half finished if I never hit submit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes- hang in there with the tough financial times! I've been there my friend, and the good news is it only goes up from there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new job! Finding time to do it all is difficult (I can relate) but making a list is definitely one of the best ways to figure out what needs to be done. Creating a blogging schedule that I can fully stick to is something I still struggle with myself. Let me know when you find something that works so we can share tips!

    Good luck and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creating a blogging schedule definitely helps me be more organized with my posts. I usually just keep it organized the old fashioned way via pen + paper. So far it's been working for the last 1.5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could never juggle everything without a blogging schedule. It's essential. I didn't use one for months but now that I do I can't imagine going back to not having one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great goals, you have inspired me to start making better monthly goals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you make yourself accountable by sharing! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your goals! Mine right now is mostly to just get the house in order. I feel like I'm in a constant state of chaos since the start of school.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some great goals for September! I need to get on a blogging schedule. I hate doing posts at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great goals! Mine is try rest, relax and find time for myself. But this is also my month for getting my finances in order.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great goals to work towards! I definitely need to handle a few of these myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use Mint, it works really well! I need to make a blogging schedule too. Now that I am working like crazy I keep forgetting to do it and I need to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is basically identical to my own fall goals. I am starting my 4th year at a seasonal Haunted House which helps with my savings account. yay yay! Plus, who doesn't like getting paid to pretend theyre dead?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been on a consistent blogging schedule and I feel so much more focused now! Best of luck! I need to make some goals for the month! I love writing down goals.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really wanted to try and start a blog schedule but I fail miserably! I write a 'to do' list when I start the week and cross things off - that's about it though!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome goals! This month I'm looking forward to becoming a mama! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are some nice goals for September - sounds like you've got so much going on for you, bless! One way you could keep track of your money, is by saving your receipts and keeping an eye on where you spend money and how much.

    I actually got some really cute tops from Forever 21 that are perfect for active/longue wear and really affordable! Roughly like £3 ... no idea how much that is in dollars haha. Hope your search goes well! ^_^

    ReplyDelete