You're In Brookelynn: Leopard Print Nails with Amber from The Whale & Wasp!

Leopard Print Nails with Amber from The Whale & Wasp!

Hi everybody! My name is Amber, how is everyone this fine and fabulous Monday? I don't know about you, but painting my nails is probably one of my favourite things to do. And I love to try out new patterns and ideas for manicures. Today I am going to show you how to do leopard print nails in 4 easy steps! Here's what's more exciting - you can use liquid eyeliner to draw the spot lines! And you don't need to be an artist to do this, it's so easy and quick. Aren't they pretty?


Great let's get started! Here's what you'll need:

  • One colour for the base. Once you get the hang of this you can learn to colour coordinate, for now I'd start with a neutral colour.
  • One colour for the spots. Again, you'll be able to switch this up but today we are using a darker one than the base.
  • Liquid eyeliner (preferably one you don't use for your eyes, you can purchase cheap liquid eyeliner anywhere for your nails, just as long as it has a thin applicator).
  • A good top coat.

What I used: 
  • Revlon in Elegant (base)
  • China Glaze in Below Deck (spots)
  • Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner in Black Brown
  • NYC Matte Me Crazy Top Coat


Step One: Use a base coat if preferred, let dry and then apply a thin coat of your base colour. Apply a second coat if needed after the first dries completely.
Step Two: With the colour you chose to do the leopard spots, run the brush along the neck of the polish bottle to get rid of all the excess polish off the brush. You'll need just a bit on the end of the brush for this step. Lightly dab each nail about 4-6 times to make spots. Don't worry if they are round or not. In fact, it looks a lot better if you make the spots different shapes and sizes. Wait for the spots to dry completely before the next step, otherwise it will get messy!
Step Three: Take your liquid eyeliner, rid of excess liquid on the brush and draw around the spots, leaving an opening on each. You can do two lines like ( ) or run it almost around like a horseshoe. Add an extra dot on a few of the spots and elsewhere on the nail, much like how the spots look on a real leopard. Continue this for every nail. 
Step Four: Now, liquid eyeliner takes a little longer to dry, so I advise leaving the nails for about an hour before you apply your top coat. Otherwise, the eyeliner will leave streaks. I would recommend not skipping this step because the eyeliner needs the top coat or it will rub off eventually. 

Tada! Leopard spots on your nails! I always use a mattifying top coat for this manicure but it looks just as well with a normal top coat. I highly recommend using Seche Vite, it really is the BEST top coat I have - and I have a lot of top coats! 

If you'd like to see this in another colour (the one on my other hand haha) you can check out my blog today for my weekly nail here. You can also check me out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr

XO Amber // The Whale & Wasp

No comments:

Post a Comment