Now, I'm going to admit something...I hate winter. I would much rather be frolicking around with no shoes on and laying out in the sun. However, since we've got a ways to go until that will be possible again, I've decided to embrace winter and make a fun little list of wintery things that I want to do during the next few months.
1. Go sledding. I've actually already done this once already this winter, but I definitely want to go again! We've got an awesome hill in my town for sledding, and plus it's also a forest preserve, so you can go exploring in the woods as well!
2. Movie marathon. Although I wish I was having an LOTR extended edition marathon, I suppose any movie series will do. What better way to spend a cold, snowy day than wrapped up in blankets watching netflix?
3. Bake. I have another confession to make: I am awful at cooking/baking. Like, laughably awful. However, I'd like to try and bring out my domestic side and try and bake a bit more. Plus, that just means more cookies and cupcakes for me to eat!
4. Build a blanket fort. To snuggle in, of course.
5. Curl up with a book. I want to read a lot more books this year. As of right now, I'm re-reading the Harry Potter Series, but I have a huge list of must-read books that I want to check out as well!
6. Go to a museum. There are so many museums in Chicago I've never seen, and I think this winter would be the perfect time to visit! Plus, I believe many of them are having free admission weekends for the next few weeks, so I may need to take advantage.
7. Go thrifting for sweaters. Nothing is better than a big, comfy sweater in the winter. Except for finding that big, comfy sweater for only a few bucks at the thrift store!
Well, those are my plans for this winter! Do you have anything on your 'winter to-do list'?