You're In Brookelynn: 2015 Savings Jar

2015 Savings Jar


This year, I decided that one of my big resolutions was going to be saving money. I have always been a huge shopper- whenever I get money, I'm instantly thinking of things I want to buy with it. Anyone else? Anyway, I decided that I want to start saving my money for bigger investments- road trips, concert tickets (anyone else dying to see FOB and Wiz this summer???), and things of that sort. 

I saw this post on tumblr and it inspired me to make a 'savings jar' for 2015! I discovered something called the '52 Week Money Challenge,' which you can see below. For my purposes, I adapted the challenge and I designed a cute little checklist for the year! 


Feel free to use if you'd like!

Essentially, you 'deposit' $1 the first week, and each week the deposit amount grows by $1 until you deposit $52 on the last week of the year. There was also a tip on the original 52 Week Money Challenge post that said you could also do it backwards, and deposit $52 the first week, and take $1 off the deposit amount. Pretty cool, right? I've also decided to take it a little further by also putting any loose change I get into the jar as well. 

Have you ever saved money this way? Do you have any tips for me? I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a awesome idea! Knowing that you almost get $1400 by the end of the year is amazing

    ReplyDelete