You're In Brookelynn: Photos | At The Zoo

Photos | At The Zoo


Hey, look who's (attemping) to post again? I've been in a slump ever since the semester started, and it's been a damn busy one. I've had no time to think about anything other than school/work, let alone think about this blog. But I got a rare day off a few weeks ago, and was able to tag along with Skylar's family to the Zoo!

I've posted some photos from when I've visited the zoo before, but I never felt like they turned out very well. I've only ever tried to shoot with my kit lens when at the zoo before, but it couldn't achieve a very good depth of field and my photos always came out looking flat and kind of 'touristy.' I decided to bring along my new 50mm f/1.8 lens to test out some more (I unfortunately haven't used it much), and the more I use it the more I love it! I'm still getting used to the crop (it's a prime lens, so there is no zoom), but I love the depth of field I can get.




At first I thought the glare/dirt on the glass was going to be a problem for taking any photos, but I think the texture actually adds to the photos and I am really digging it- especially in the photo with the leopard up there! I love seeing cute, fluffy animals at the zoo, but my favorites to take pictures of  are definitely the reptiles and fish, since they always have such colorful habitats. I am pretty stoked that I captured this gorilla with her baby, though! (below)




Well, now I'm back to the grind of my last semester of school. I'm going to make every attempt to start posting here more often, hopefully I can get my butt in gear and queue some posts up.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment