You're In Brookelynn: Bicycle Race

Bicycle Race


Skylar and I decided to take a bike ride around his neighborhood the other day when I had the day off, because it was so beautiful out. I borrowed his grandma's bike (which is adorable, by the way. I didn't want to give it back!). It was a nice evening out, plus good exercise (which I always need more of, haha); I hope we do it again soon!

 Skylar getting his bike on


Skylar kept making fun of me because I was riding my bike so slow and falling behind, which was partly because a) I have short-person legs and I was riding a bike made for normal-sized people, but mostly because b) I've been so stressed out lately, and it was so nice to get out and just enjoy a nice summer evening. I had my camera around my neck and was taking pictures as I was riding, and I was getting a little frustrated because nothing was capturing in a picture as beautiful as it looked through my own two eyes. Has any one else ever had this problem? I think its just because these kind of moments need to be lived right then and there.

I always try to capture memories, probably due to an internal fear that if I don't, I won't remember them. Of course, that is what I love about photography, being able to capture moments of every day life, big or small. But sometimes I just need to remember to live life itself, and stop trying to capture every moment. It's a process, I guess. But the summer is definitely the time to do it. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop taking pictures, though, haha. Never.


Hope you have a good day!

2 comments: