You're In Brookelynn: Last/First

Last/First


So, today was my first day of school. It was inspiring and completely uneventful at the same time. How is that even possible? I'll tell you in a moment.

First, I spent my last weekend of being lazy going to Skylar's band's show.

His band, Nobelium 102, plays  a cafe called The House all the time. If you live in DeKalb area and you have never been there, you should definitely go. Of course, seeing a show there is awesome. You are supporting local music, and get to hang out and meet people at the same time, in a really chill environment. If you think you won't fit in if you go, that is impossible, because i've seen every different type of person at The House that I can think of. It's a very welcoming and eclectic environment.

Anyway, after the gig, I was tired and I went home around 10:30. I then realized that I am probably the lamest college student ever. But then I remembered that I can do whatever I want, and I don't have to listen to what other people think "college kids" should be. I don't have to stay out late and drink. That's okay. And if you do stay out late and drink, that's okay too. I'm just doing what makes me happy.


  Back to my first day of classes. At face value, it was quite uneventful. I had three classes today, all pretty big lectures, so it wasn't anything fun and I didn't really make any friends or anything. But what I did gain was a sense of purpose. Last year, I didn't really care much about school. I slipped by with decent grades. But after almost loosing one of my scholarships and realizing how much debt I am going to be in, I became inspired to try and do better in school. My parents are paying thousands of dollars to send me to school here and I need to make the best out of it, to enhance myself and my future. Lame and inspiring, yeah, I know.

I also *might* have an interview at the new Ross store, so I hope that comes through. I spend hours this afternoon writing my resume and separate cover letters for every place I am applying. My roommates probably think I have no life because I've been sitting on my laptop all day. Oh well.

I hope my second day of classes goes well. Maybe i'll post about them later in the week :)

Hope you had a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment