You're In Brookelynn: Skatepark

Skatepark


So I was a bad college student and ditched one of my classes today to go down and take some pictures at this skatepark that I always drive by. There's usually at least one or two kids there whenever I drive by it, but today there was absolutely no one around. Probably because it was like, noon and all the kids were in school. Haha, suckers.

Anyway, it was soooo nice out today, I didn't even have to wear a sweater! I am actually in shorts as I type this. But tomorrow the temperature is supposed to dip down into the 40's I believe, so it's back to sweater weather, or maybe even coat weather. 

I realize this isn't much of an exciting outfit, but I'm not gonna lie, I have discovered I am kind of a tomboy I think. As much as I love looking at fashion blogs were the bloggers wear pretty vintage dresses and heels and such, I don't really feel comfortable in that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong, I love cute little dresses every once and a while. But if I get up and have to throw something on, lately it's just been jeans and a sweater. And I think that's okay. Plus, DeKalb is like the 2nd Windy City, so dresses aren't usually practical. On two occasions, I have had marylin monroe moments around campus or downtown DeKalb, and I am 100% sure people saw my goodies. 

How cute is the little guy? He was the only graffiti left at the skatepark, the rest had all been covered. It kind of makes me sad how towns cover up graffiti, it gives a place so much more character. I love looking at graffiti. Whenever I am stopped waiting for a train to pass, I always look at the graffiti on the train. Seriously, it's so cool looking.


I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful weather before tomorrow! I am going to a Halloween show at The House tonight, so that will be fun! It's the first time I'm dressing up for Halloween since middle school, I think. I will share pictures of that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, and what an awesome looking skate park. And I am kind of in love with your shoes, super cute!

    ReplyDelete