You're In Brookelynn: November goals

November goals


November Blue by The Avett Brothers on Grooveshark


I just realized that the last like, 3 posts have all been lists of some sort, but thats okay. I've decided that I need to be a little more disciplined with myself. So I've come up with a list of short-term goals that I will (hopefully!) be able to stick to.

1. Go to the gym at least 2 times a week.  I'll be honest, I've never been 100% happy with my body. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for loving your body no matter what, but I can tell that I've been eating unhealthy lately, and that I get out of breath easily. And I want to get stronger- I would love to get my arabesque past 90 degrees in ballet class! I still love my curves- I just want to be healthier! And I think 2x a week at the gym isn't too demanding.

2. Try a new recipe at least once a week. I will be the first to say that I am the worst at cooking. I think it's time to change that! At least, to where I am at least okay at cooking. Plus, I have a whole pinterest board of recipes that I've never tried! I feel like I need to change that.

3. Clean out my closet. My closet in my apartment is so small, it's actually smaller than the closet was in my dorm room! And that made me realize that I don't actually wear a lot of the clothing I have. I want to purge my closet to make room for things I will actually wear often. And I need to work on investing in good-quality pieces that will last a long time and that I will wear forever.

4. Decorate for the Holidays. I've been insanely slacking on decorating lately. I didn't even decorate for Halloween! So I am determined to make my apartment (or at least my room) festive for the rest of fall, and especially Christmas! You will soon learn that I loveee Christmas.

5. Worry less! I have a problem with anxiety about things in the past. Even small things that happen that make me upset, can affect me for the rest of the day. For example, the other day in Ballet, I was having trouble with a combination across the floor. And it made me feel anxious. What if my teacher thought I was dumb? What if the rest of the dancers in my class thought I was horrible? And this anxiety stayed with me for the rest of the day. I wasn't worrying about ballet class though, I was just getting more anxious about other things that would come up. I just need to learn to let go of worry right when it happens. Hopefully I can find some ways to do that!

Do you guys ever make any seasonal goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment