You're In Brookelynn: 2013...Bring it on!

2013...Bring it on!


I hope you all had a lovely New Years Eve and Day! Skylar and I spent ours at home, relaxing and sipping sprite out of wine glasses, because we are classy and awesome. I had to keep him up until midnight, and at exactly 12:01, he fell asleep. Womp womp. Anyways, everyone is posting about their resolutions, and I discovered that I haven't really thought about any yet. But I suppose I should, because I want this year to be the best yet! So here I go: some resolutions:

  • Create more things
    •  I've been slacking on the creative stuff lately. I want to get back into journaling, painting, drawing, DIYing, and of course, taking more pictures! I love looking back on things that I've created, it gives me such a sense of purpose and takes me back to when I created it. 
  • Sign up for fitness classes at the campus gym
    • I've been saying that I want to get in shape for years now. Don't get me wrong, I love my body and don't have any problem having some curves, I actually love them! However, I can tell my body isn't at it's best. I don't have a lot of energy, and get winded easily. I'm taking another ballet class this coming semester, and I would love if I could do a combination of jumps without dying afterwords. Plus, I've always wanted to try yoga, so this is the perfect opportunity to try it! Two goals with one stone, baby.
  • Keep track of my finances
    • I will admit, I am a huge shopper. I love shopping for clothes! And I know it's bad for my bank account, considering the fact that I am going to college and currently getting loans to pay for it, which I will eventually have to pay back. I am really going to try not buying unnecessary things, and work on saving money!
  • Stop taking life so seriously
    •  I am the biggest worry wort on the face of the earth. I look into things that people say more than they probably even think about saying them. I really want to just feel breezy and free this year. Soak up the good moments and let the bad ones roll off my shoulders. Letting the past be the past. This will be the toughest of all, but I think it will be the most rewarding!

I am excited for the new year and all the opportunities it will bring! What are your resolutions? Share in the comments!

♥Brooke

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about that last resolution! It's a curse, isn't it? If you got any tips, feel free to share them! Good luck in 2013 xoxo

    http://reportingforbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete