You're In Brookelynn: 2012 Recap!

2012 Recap!

Well, it's been an interesting year with a lot of interesting moments! I started this blog back in March, and I've already began growing with it, and hope to continue in 2013! So here are some of my favorite posts/moments from 2012!

 1. I cut my hair...twice!


A Weight Off My Shoulders // New
All throughout high school, I had grown my hair out to the length you see on the left...I didn't change it up much, because I had just begun embracing my big curly hair. But earlier in the year I decided I needed a change, and cut it to my shoulders! Not a huge difference to me really. But then before the school year started, I decided I wanted an even bigger change, and chopped it all off! A lot of people ask me if I miss my long hair; sometimes I do, but most of the times I don't. I love my short hair!

2. Visited Alabama


As you may or may not have known, my freshman year I was in my college marching band, playing the tuba (yes I am 5ft fall and played the sousaphone), and earlier this year NIU went to Alabama for a bowl football game, so we got to tag along! NIU was selected for the Orange Bowl this year so the marching band gets to go to Florida, so I am a little bummed I didn't join again this year! Anyways, this trip was fun, it was my first time in the south, and the first time I saw an ocean!

3. Moved into an apartment!

I moved into my new apartment this past spring, my first apartment ever! I've had so much fun decorating and cooking and doing actual adult stuff (except for bills and stuff...). I have no idea where I will be living next year but that will surely be an adventure as well!

4. Some favorite outfits

Working Girl // Just You and Me, Punk Rock Girl

Breezy
So I suppose I started this blog as a style blog, you could say, so here are a few of my favorite outfits I've put together throughout the year. I've learned a lot about my personal style over the past year; about what I feel comfortable in and new styles to play with. I'm excited to be doing more outfit posts in the future, for sure.

5. Sappy boyfriend stuff

1,052,640 Minutes 
This year Skylar and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary! It's strange, because I feel like it's crazy it's been that long, and on the other hand I feel like we've been together forever. But we've learned a lot about compromise, and about each other, and I think we'll be able to head into the new year with some new adventures. The second picture is what I gave him for Valentines Day this year, which was before I even started blogging!

6. Yellowstone!

Wyoming In Photos // A few more photos from the West
 This year, my family had a reunion in Wyoming and I was so excited to visit Yellowstone! I hadn't gone on a family vacation in years, or an actual vacation period, so I was even more excited. It was so beautiful! The weather was amazing, and I had so many fun experiences. I really want to go back in the fall sometime.

I hope you'll continue blogging with me in 2013! I'm excited! Do you guys have any big plans for 2013?

♥Brooke

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is perfect! I have a pixie cut too and I totally love it!

    http://threeinchstitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete